#208 – School leadership in the age of COVID-19
What’s in this episode?
This week’s bonus episode is a LIVE recording featuring a discussion hosted at the FROG20 conference in August with two school leaders talking about how they kept calm and carried on during 2020. Stay listening in if you’re facing the rest of 2020 and feeling like you need a boost or some extra ideas on how to manage the madness.
And if you enjoy this recording there’s another Frog20 leadership event on Tuesday 10th November, this time on BLENDED LEARNING and How to Better Engage with Parents. You can find the free sign up at frogeducation.com/frog20.
- Sophie Bailey, Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
- Nick House, Headteacher at Greenshaw High School | Twitter: @GreenshawHigh
- Kate Wragg, Deputy Headteacher at Education and Leadership Trust, and Teacher of Computing and (Cross Trust lead on E-learning and E-safety) | Twitter: @MrsKateWragg
Quotes from this episode
References from this week’s episode
- The Edtech Podcast (@podcastedtech) – Twitter
- The Edtech Podcast – LinkedIn
- Greenshaw High School – website, homepage
- Greenshaw High School – Twitter
- Kate Wragg – profile on Education and Leadership Trust website
- Education and Leadership Trust – website, homepage
- Kate Wragg – Twitter
- Kate Wragg – LinkedIn
- Whalley Range Sixth Form College – website, homepage
- Whalley Range 11-18 High School – website, homepage
- The East Manchester Academy – website, homepage
- Levenshulme High School – website, homepage
- Ashford School – website, homepage
- Neelam Parmer – LinkedIn -unable to make it because of technical issues, but Neelam has been a past guest on episode 194.
- Neelam Parmer – Twitter
- Ady Educate – Neelam Palmer’s website
- Frog20 panel guests – Frog Education website
- Frog Education – website, homepage
- Self Directed Learning – article via infed.org
- E-Learning – article via Virtual College
- E-Safety – information via NSPCC
- A ‘Covid Slide’ Could Widen the Digital Divide for Students – wired article July 2020
- Hyperlinked – explanation via Tech Terms
- Buffering videos – explanation via PC Mag
- EEF announces major expansion of Research Schools Network – article EEF
- EEF (Education Endowment Foundation) – website, homepage
- Sample work in schools – Department for Education and Skills, explanation of work sampling
- Formative feedback – article via National Foundation for Educational Research
- DfE offer of lending devices – further information via UK Gov
- Web-cam – explanation
- School Technicians – further information via Skills for Schools
- Remote learning – article via Teacher Toolkit
- Hegarty Maths – website, homepage
- Tassomai – website, homepage
- Dual-Coding – article via Teacher Toolkit
- GCSE Pod – website, homepage
Want to advertise on the podcast?
If you’re looking to get a message out there why not enquire about advertising on the podcast for the rest of 2020?
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us where you are listening in from
We’d love to hear about innovative technology or approaches you are developing or using in adult education. Leave your stories in the comments below. Alternately, record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Finally, you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page.