#166 – Driving Digital Transformation & Creating a Culture Open to Change
Welcome to this first episode of The Edge: Innovation and Intelligence Imperative, a new series from the makers of The Edtech Podcast, supported by Salesforce.Org. This series is all about the leaders in higher education doing things a bit differently. There’s more about what we’ve got coming up here.
What’s in this episode?
We talk about trust in a mistrustful time. Plus, How can new and old(er) Universities leapfrog legacy issues? Why is digital marketing and admissions not always about volume but about curating the right cohort of future leaders? How can the cultures of academia and new agile methodologies be reconciled? All this and more in this week’s episode! Plus, some practical suggestions from our guests that you can implement today.
- Sophie Bailey is the Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
- Iain Harper, Head of Digital Marketing, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford | Twitter: @OxfordSBS
- Jorge Villabona, CMO, ISDI Education | Twitter: @isdi_edu
- Jake Hornsby, Chief Information Officer, California State University |Twitter: @calstate
Quotes from this episode
References from this week’s episode
- The Edtech Podcast episode #159: How to develop the team who will deliver change
- Jane Armstrong
- The European Edtech Network (EETN)
- The Edtech Podcast episode #157: The Emergence of the European Edtech Network
- Our latest series – Salesforce.org: The Edge: Innovation & Intelligence Imperative
- David Bray
- The Edtech Podcast episode #65: SXSWEdu special with David Bray, Chief Information Officer, Federal Communications Commis
- Iain Harper
- Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- Jorge Villabona
- ISDI Education
- Jake Hornsby
- California State University
- Rachel Botsman
- Rachel Botsman Website
- Rachel Botsman Tedx Talk
- Governments Main Website – gov.uk
- Paul Boag: Digital Adaptation (Iain Harper Book recommendation)
Thank you to Salesforce.org for supporting this episode.
The Edge: Innovation and Intelligence Imperative, is a new series from the makers of The Edtech Podcast, supported by Salesforce, exploring the intersection of higher education and digital transformation. You can follow the conversation using #edtechedge.
Salesforce.org is the dedicated team at Salesforce that delivers technology to nonprofits, educational institutions, and philanthropic organisations so they can connect with others and do more good. Salesforce.org empowers higher education with its Education Cloud: a set of integrated solutions built on the world’s #1 CRM, developed for the specific needs of the industry and in close collaboration with the community it represents.
Tell us where you are listening in from
We’d love to hear about innovative technology or approaches you are developing or using in adult education. Leave your stories in the comments below. Alternately, record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Finally, you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page.