#157 – The Emergence of The European EdTech Network (EETN)
This week’s episode has been updated! Click the player below…
This week’s episode is sponsored by Salesforce.org. Join The Edtech Podcast at Horizons Paris. Register today at “sfdc.co/HORIZONS2019“ using our special code “EDTECH50 ” to get 50% off the ticket. (More below).
What’s in this episode?
Hello listeners and welcome back to The Edtech Podcast, the show about improving the dialogue between “ed” and “tech” for better innovation and impact.
This week we share recordings made live at the launch of the European Edtech Network during London Edtech Week. For those who have been following the news, the ambitions of the network are interesting in the wake of Alt Schools pivot after raising nearly $200 million; many level the perceived failure or change of direction at Alt School to the lack of educators at the helm, relying only on the silicon valley faith in everything tech.
We also throw in a few listener messages and some news from the world of edtech events.
Enjoy and have a great week!
- Sophie Bailey is the Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
Listener messages from;
- Samuel Munyuwiny from the African Institute for Children’s Studies calling in from Nairobi, Kenya | Twitter: @SMunyuwiny
- Art Fridrich, A Higher Vision, USA | Twitter: @Ahighervision
Event news from;
- Anni Mansikkaoja, Dare to Learn | Twitter: @Dare_ToLearn
- Ben Sowter, Senior VP at QS to talk about Reimagine Education | Twitter: @bensowter
- Avi Warshavsky, CEO, MindCET | Twitter: @aviwarshavsky
- Cyril Ghanem, Head of Business Development, AppScho | Twitter: @AppScho
- Leila Guerra, Assistant Dean of Programmes, Imperial College Business School |Twitter: @leila_guerra
- Professor Rose Luckin, Centred Learning Design at UCL and Director of EDUCATE | Twitter: @Knowldgillusion
- Angela Mcfarlane, | Twitter: @AngelaMcFarlane
- Katy Fryatt, Founder & CEO, Learnit | Twitter: @katyfryatt
- Vic Vuchic, Chief Innovation Officer at Digital Promise Global and Executive Director of the Learner Variability Project | Twitter: @DigitalPromise
- Mary Curnock Cook, former CEO of UCAS & Chair of Emerge | Twitter: @MaryCurnockCook
- Alison Clark-Wilson, Principal Research Lead, UCL EDUCATE | Twitter: @AliClarkWilson
- Lucía Figar, IE Chief of Corporate Innovation Chairwoman IE Rockets, IE University | Twitter: @luciafigar
- Samuel Munyuwiny
- African Institute for Children’s Studies
- Art Fridrich
- A Higher Vision
- Anni Mansikkaoja
- Dare to Learn
- Dare to Learn: The Festival of Relearning Thinking – 19-20 September 2019
- Ben Sowter
- Reimagine Education
- REIMAGINE EDUCATION CONFERENCE 2019 – 8-10 December 2019
- The European Edtech Network (EETN)
- London Edtech Week
- Alt School
- Fortune Article: How an Education Startup Wasted Almost $200 Million
- Lucía Figar
- IE Rockets
- IE University
- University College London (UCL) UCL
- KU Leuven
- Oulu University of Applied Sciences
- Professor Rose Luckin
- UCL EDUCATE
- Avi Warshavsky
- Cyril Ghanem
- Leila Guerra
- Imperial College Business School
- Angela Mcfarlane
- Katy Fryatt
- Vic Vuchic
- Digital Promise Global
- Learner Variability Project
- Mary Curnock Cook
- Alison Clark-Wilson
Thanks to Salesforce.org for sponsoring this episode. Get your discount to Horizons Paris below…
- This podcast is sponsored by Salesforce.org
- Salesforce.org is the dedicated team at Salesforce that delivers technology to nonprofits, educational institutions, and philanthropic organisations so they can connect with others and do more good.
- Salesforce.org empowers higher education with its Education Cloud: a set of integrated solutions built on the world’s #1 CRM, developed for the specific needs of the industry and in close collaboration with the community it represents.
- In today’s fast-moving world, leveraging technology is essential to deliver the personalised, proactive and continuous experiences each student expect. But how can institutions embrace digital transformation and how can they leverage technology to improve the student experience, achieve operational excellence and strengthen their relationships with the community they serve?
- With a desire to help the community find answers to these questions, Salesforce.org launched the Higher Ed Summit in the US 8 years ago and has gathered thousands of higher ed professionals to share insights and connect with peers annually ever since. To better serve their growing community of education trailblazers in Europe, the team has launched a regional summit called the Higher Ed Summit Horizons. And this year, Salesforce.org invites every higher ed professional & institution leader to join the ranks in Paris on the 10th of October and be inspired by pioneers in higher ed digital transformation. From building brand awareness, transforming the applicant experience, enhancing student services, building lifelong alumni relationships, or managing change and optimising technology across the campus, you’ll hear from pioneers who have paved the way for the future of higher education and have driven all kinds of innovations at their institutions.
- The Edtech Podcast will be at the event, moderating a panel discussion and conducting interviews. Come join us and have a chat: Register today at “sfdc.co/HORIZONS2019“ using our special code “EDTECH50 ” to get 50% off the ticket.
- Not only will you get a chance to connect with professionals like yourself who are transforming their institutions, but you will also hear from Graham Brown-Martin, author and broadcaster of learning re-imagined, and founder of Learning without Frontiers.
Tell us your story
We’d love to hear your thoughts. Record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Or you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page or Instagram.