#8 with Joe Dale, #MFLTwitterati
What’s featured in this episode?
- How to launch a podcast for your education community; with multiple recommendations for apps, hosting platforms and equipment to use to keep things simple and effective.
- Which educational podcasts you should follow to gain the best insight
- What is app smashing and how can you get involved?
- Mandarin among the main languages to learn in the UK: French, Spanish, German
- Are exchange programmes dead? Why?
- What is guerrilla podcasting or citizen audio?
- Will the education revolution be podcasted? When?
MFL, Langchat, Modern Foreign Languages, ELT, English Language Teaching, Edtech, UKedchat, SLTchat, LTEhe, PodcastEdu, Podchat, MFLTwitterati
Reading and resources:
Joe Dale resources:
Feedly (Joe’s preferred replacement when Google Reader was shut down )
Recommended Education Podcasts/contacts:
EDUtalk David Noble (@parslad) & John Johnston (@johnjohnston) ; http://www.edutalk.info/show/
Claire Chalcraft @CMCinSwitz
Language World: @ALL4language
IATEFL conference @iatefl
NZALT – new zealand @_NZALT
ACTFL – USA @actfl
Duolingo – (ps. you the ‘shit duo lingo says’ twitter account is fairly amusing/philisophical @shitduosays)
ELT Jam @jo_Sayers
Primary French Project
Association for Language Learning
Network for Languages