#144 – Digging into Digital Skills Development
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn – and now Google Podcasts!
What’s in this episode?
Hello listeners! This week’s episode is a treasure trove digging into digital skills development. You’ll hear from Kerensa Jennings on the art of audio production and digital skill access for all, Iris Lapinski on new learning tools early adopter teachers who want to pick up new skills in machine learning and AI, and Patrick Cutliffe who is working with Facebook to upskill a huge cohort of 18-30 year old learners to earners. Enjoy, and send us your feedback and comments!
- Sophie Bailey is the Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
- Matt Beer, CEO, VotesforSchools | Twitter: @votesforschools
- Kerensa Jennings, Director, Office of HRH The Duke of York, KG | Twitter: @zinca
- Iris Lapinski, Founder & CEO Apps for Good | Twitter: @irislapinski
- Patrick Cutliffe, Managing Director @BuzzStartAcad & Digital Skills Training Programme Partner for Facebook
Quotes from this episode
We are looking for value-aligned advertisers for our 2Q19 episodes. Contact us!
- Matt Beer
- Votes for Schools
- Mitch Resnick
- Kerensa Jennings
- James Bridgman
- James Bridgman episode
- Joining Communities
- Andy Burnham
- Damien Hinds
- Bett 2019
- Iris Lapinski
- Apps for Good
- Machine Learning for Kids – Dale Lane
- Stefania Druga
- Anthony A Owen, State Coord of Computer Science, Arkansas Department of Education
- Apps for Good Awards, 18th June, London
- Peter Cutliffe
- BuzzStart Academy
- Facebook Digital Skills Programme
- EDUCATE – University of London
- Margot James MP
- Future Edtech 11-12 June 2019 Discount Code: PODCAST20
WISE ACCELERATOR DEADLINE
The deadline to apply for the 2019-2020 WISE Accelerator cycle is April 30, 2019 at 4:00 pm GMT. Applications must be submitted online in English on the official application form. For more information about the program, click here.
Future Edtech 11-12 June 2019, Inmarsat London
Transforming Higher Education
If you are questioning how to best support the emerging needs of a mid-21st century university, join
us on the 11-12 June in London. We will discuss how institutions are improving operational agility,
investing in educational technology and transforming teaching and learning.
- Universities are eligible for a free pass, simply register here
- Edtech orgs and others, use the Edtech Podcast’s 20% discount code PODCAST20 to attend as a delegate here
Employment and Skills Convention
Beyond Brexit: A future that works for all
10 July, London
The employment and skills convention will explore how to grow successful partnership with skills and employment support providers to increase and improve access to high quality training, traineeships, apprenticeships and T-Levels; and provide a platform for politicians and professionals to present latest developments in policy and delivery. Rt Hon Amber Rudd, secretary of state for work and pensions, will deliver a keynote address at the convention. The event should be of interest to experts and policymakers in employment, skills, health and welfare.
Tell us your story
We’d love to hear your thoughts. Record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Or you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page or Instagram.