#107 – Future Talent – Educators, Employers & Entrepreneurs
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn
This week we welcome our first guest episode which is being released as part of National Apprenticeship Week! Thank you to James Bridgman for taking up the challenge!
What’s in this episode?
This week’s podcast talks about how work and career prospects have changed over the last 10 years, delving into appropriate skills development, the views of educators and employers, and various tech and strategic solutions. This episode also looks at how edtech is being used to “supercharge” Apprenticeships, fast-track skills development and anticipate future demand.
We’d love to hear your thoughts. Record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Or you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page or Instagram.
- James Bridgman, Director of GetMyFirstJob
- David Allison, CEO and Founder of GetMyFirstJob.
- Liz Williams, Director Tech Literacy and Education Programmes, BT Group
- Justin Rix, Partner, Grant Thornton LLP
- Anthony Impey, CEO of Optimity and Chair of Federation of Small Business Skills Policy Board
- Kerensa Jennings, who runs The Duke of York Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award and the iDEA digital skills platform
- Joysy John, Head of Education at Nesta
- Rob Newry, Founder of Arctic Shores, an EdTech startup creating game-based psychometric testing
- Rob Williams, Founder of People-Fit, a digital platform that assesses ’employment fit’ for candidates and potential employers
- Jonathan Finkelstein, Founder of Credly, a digital skills badging system widely used across the US and UK
- www.getmyfirstjob.co.uk (main candidate site)
- www.thetalentportal.co.uk (information for employers/training providers)
- Free employer factsheets about the Apprenticeship Levy: https://www.thetalentportal.co.uk/portfolio/apprenticeship-factsheet/
- Twitter @getmyfirstjob
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/getmyfirstjob
- James Bridgman: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesbridgman/
National Apprenticeship Week:
- www.bigassembly.org – the biggest careers webinar in the UK, introduced by the Education secretary Damian Hinds and hosting a live stream from Nottingham with a panel of apprentices and employers in a ‘question time’ format. Schools and careers advisors can request their FREE careers pack to be posted to them.
- https://www.naw2018.co.uk/ the official site with resources, information and downloads about apprenticeships and what’s happening
Anthony Impey: Federation of Small Business / Optimity
- Twitter handle @idea_award
- Instagram @ideaaward
- Barefoot Computing Project – barefootcas.org.uk
- Tech literacy: techliteracy.co.uk/tech-literacy-today
- Tech know-how. – techliteracy.co.uk/tech-literacy-today
- BT Work Ready – bt.com/workready
- Movement to Work, collaboration of UK employers committed to tackling youth unemployment through provision of high quality work experience and vocational training opportunities – movementtowork.com
Pinnacle Valley game based assessment https://blog.thetalentportal.co.uk/blog/launch-of-pinnacle-valley
- The following is a link to a report on insight from research we recently undertook titled ‘Generation Apprentice’ .https://www.grantthornton.co.uk/globalassets/1.-member-firms/united-kingdom/pdf/documents/generation-apprentice-report.pdf