What’s in this episode?
This week’s episode is a takeover special with three students from Six 21 (part of School 21 in Newham, London) who take on the question, “Is Self Directed Learning a Fallacy?” as their real world learning project. Listen in as they explore the perspectives of a neuroscientist, a learner and an educational leader on self-directed learning, having researched, produced, published and promoted this week’s episode. Kudos!
We’d love to hear your thoughts, comments, and questions! Record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Or you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page or Instagram. Don’t be afraid to reach out and talk to us on any of our social media platforms. Tell us why professional development is important to you, students, or how it has impacted you!
- Sophie Bailey is the Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
- Sungna Sudra, Six 21 student
- Malika Patel, Six 21 student
- Edil Yusuf, Six 21 student
- Iroise Dumontheil, Reader in Cognitive Neuroscience at Birkbeck I Twitter: @idumontheil
- Peter Hyman, Headteacher and co-founder of School 21 I Twitter: @PeterHyman21
- Laurie Pickard, Founder of @NoPayMBA I Twitter: @laurie_pickard
Quote from this episode
Have you got your tickets yet?
Join 250 like-minded souls at The Edtech Podcast Festival this Saturday 22nd September at Plexal in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London. Edtech and Educator Workshops, including Oracy workshops from School21, a LIVE podcast programme with multiple edu podcasters including Teacher Toolkit, pop-up book shop and book signings run by the Wellcome Collection Shop, a Makers Yard with pop-up makerspace from Imperial College London and much much more. Register here.