#158 – Pioneers and Settlers
What’s in this episode?
Welcome to this penultimate episode in our Education 4.0 series with friends at Jisc, looking at the changing world of education in the fourth industrial era.
This week we ask “Who can help embed new technologies and working practices?” as we look at the pioneers and settlers needed to create change in education.
We hope you enjoy this episode. We are taking a break over the summer, but can’t wait to bring you final episode in our Education 4.0 series, plus the launch of our new series in September. 😎🌞🎧
Enjoy and don’t forget to message in or post using #edu4_0!
Happy Summer Holidays!
- Sophie Bailey is the Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
- Dave Coplin, Author, Alchemist, Catalyst and Founder of the Envisioners | Twitter: @dcoplin
- Sue Attewell, Head of Change FE & Skills, Jisc | Twitter: @AttewellSue
- Chris Cobb, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Operations) and Chief Operating Officer, University of London | Twitter: @ChrisCobbLondon
- Andy McGregor, Deputy Chief Innovation Officer, Jisc | Twitter: @andymcg
- Alexander Iosad, Projects and Partnerships Lead, Emerge Education | Twitter: @simplescholar
- Nathalie Czechowski, CIO, University of South Wales
- Norbert Morawetz, Co-Founder of Potential.ly | Twitter: @NorbertMorawetz
- Lotis Bautista, is the co-founder of Volo | Twitter: @missl
- House of Commons Education Select Committee
- Robert Halfon
- Labour’s lifelong learning commission
- Elon Musk
- Neuralink project
- Dave Coplin
- Yuval Harari
- YUVAL AIN’T SEEN NOTHING YET: a conversation on just about everything with Yuval Noah Harari (From Reason’s to be Cheerful Podcast)
- Step Up Launch
- Emerge Education
- Chris Skidmore MP
- Sue Attewell
- Chris Cobb
- University of London
- Andy McGregor
- Summer of Student Innovation
- Paul Bailey
- Alexander Iosad
- Nathalie Czechowski
- University of South Wales
- Ian Dunn
- Norbert Morawetz
- Lotis Bautista
Thank you to Jisc for supporting this series
Our vision is for the UK to be the most digitally-advanced higher education, further education and research nation in the world.
Tell us your story
We’d love to hear your thoughts. Record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Or you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page or Instagram.
Sign up to our new series!
The Edtech Podcast is launching a new series. Yay! Our new series will cover vocational education, corporate training and future of work. Sign up to our mail list to find out about our new podcast series launch in September, including in-depth chats from L&D professionals, tech innovators, investors, policy advisors, lifelong learners and academics re-thinking vocational education and corporate training. Sign up to our newsletter to find out about our launch 👉http://eepurl.com/dJkuOX