#142 – What is Education 4.0?
Subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn – and now Google Podcasts!
What’s in this episode?
Hello dear listeners and welcome to episode two of the Education 4.0 series. This episode was largely recorded at the recent Digifest event run by Jisc. I’m in conversation with a variety of edtech entrepreneurs, further and higher education specialists in information technology, big data ethics and skills development about what Education 4.0 means and what the implications might be for how we “do” education. I hope you enjoy and don’t forget to message in or post using #edu4_0!
- Sophie Bailey is the Founder and Presenter of The Edtech Podcast | Twitter: @podcastedtech
- Sue Attewell, Head of Change FE and Skills, Jisc | Twitter: @AttewellSue
- James Gupta, Founder and CEO, Synap | Twitter: @gupta_james
- David Sherwood, Co-Founder and CEO, BibliU | Twitter: @davejlsherwood
- Miranda Mowbray, Lecturer in Computer Science, University of Bristol | Twitter: @BristolCS
- Alan Hill, Chief Information and Digital Officer, University of Exeter | Twitter: @UniofExeter
- Cameo: Aftab Hussain, ILT Lead, Bolton College > Aftab’s full interview will feature in a later episode
Quotes from this episode
- Wikipedia – Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Artificial Intelligence
- Quantum Computing
- Internet of Things
- Fifth-generation Wireless Technologies (5G)
- 3D printing
- Fully Autonomous Vehicles
- Sue Attewell
- Edtech launchpad
- Intelligent campus
- Next Generation Digital Learning
- James Gupta
- David Sherwood
- Ada the Chatbot
- Future Learn
- The London Interdisciplinary School
- Lord Jim Knight article
- Grand Canyon University, Arizona
- FutureLearn and Deakin partnership
- FutureLearn and Coventry partnership
- Dr Miranda Mowbray
- University of Bristol
- Christopher Wylie
- Cambridge Analytica & Facebook Story
- Book – Thomas Pikkety: Capital in the 21st century
- Book – Make it Stick: The Science of Successful Learning
- Alan Hill
- Exeter University
- Richard Evans, The Profs
- TheWayUp! Game
- Kiren Jagdev
- Phillipa Wraithmell
- You can listen to the full uncut and unmixed interviews here.
Thank you to Jisc for supporting this series.
Our vision is for the UK to be the most digitally-advanced higher education, further education and research nation in the world.
Tell us your story
We’d love to hear your thoughts. Record a quick free voicemail via speakpipe for inclusion in the next episode. Or you can post your thoughts or follow-on links via twitter @podcastedtech or via The Edtech Podcast Facebook page or Instagram.
The Edtech Podcast is a community effort. Recently, The Edtech Podcast has the following to thank for helping our episodes come to life.
- Sophie Bailey, Editor
- Euan McAleece, Sound Editor
- Steph Chard, Pre-Production
- Imogen Smith, Promotion
- Connor Mountford, Promotion
- Ian Hurd, Post-Production